DOJ Charges Man Who Burned American Flag in Protest of Executive Order

20 hours ago 9
A man who burned the American flag outside the White House earlier this week is facing charges from federal prosecutors in accordance with President Donald Trump’s recent executive order. That order, signed on Aug. 25, specifically directed the attorney general to prosecute those caught burning the American flag or desecrating it in other ways. “You will see flag burning stopping immediately,” Trump said. “The people in our country don’t want to see our flag burned and spit on.” North Carolina resident Jan Carey, 54, is the first to face that prosecution after he decided to burn the American flag as a form of protest to the executive order. In an interview with local media, he explained he “immediately thought I need to go burn a flag in front of the White House and let’s put this to the test.” He also said he was a military veteran....
Read Entire Article