HUD Announces Rule That Would Bar Illegal Immigrants, ‘Fraudsters’ From Public Housing

2 hours ago 3
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on Thursday said it proposed a new rule to block illegal immigrants, including members of “mixed-status households,” from living in HUD-funded housing and properties. HUD says this will reduce fraudulent activity. “The days of illegal aliens, ineligibles, and fraudsters gaming the system and riding the coattails of American taxpayers are over,” HUD Secretary Scott Turner said in a statement. “HUD’s proposed rule will guarantee that all residents in HUD-funded housing are eligible tenants. We have zero tolerance for pushing aside hardworking U.S. citizens while enabling others to exploit decades-old loopholes.” The proposed rule, to be published in the Federal Register, calls for limiting funding for those in public housing and other HUD-related housing to citizens and eligible non-U.S. citizens. The rule would require every resident in HUD-funded housing to show proof of citizenship or eligible status, including those 62 years and older who previously only had to show proof of age....
Read Entire Article